As we enter the second week of 2007, I am very happy to present a revolutionary new concept in hosting, Virtual Private Server (VPS) technology, also known as Virtual Dedicated Server. It allows for one server to have many virtual machines coexisting side by side. Each with their own set of software, root user, services, virtual memory and cpu process isolation. In plain terms, one physical server can host many independent servers.
Honestly it’s not such a new concept, IBM has used it in their mainframes since before history of time. But the technology was not available in any reasonable way to end users until very recently.
What it is good for:
1) Websites with sensitive data who cannot afford a security breach. Regular hosting accounts share space and daemons (server software: email, web, database, etc.) with each other. There is always a risk that one user’s poorly written script will open a back door to hackers to steal other users’ information. VPS technology eliminates this risk almost completely because only your own software runs on your VPS.
2) People who don’t want to share a server with too many users. Since VPS users have guaranteed storage space, there are significantly fewer users than on a shared system. For instance, while a shared system may run 500 websites, a VPS may only host 10-30 other users.
3) Users who need more resources than a shared hosting server can provide, but can’t justify a full dedicated server. CPU intensive websites are generally moved onto VPS to free up resources on our shared hosting servers. This is common practice for customers with very intensive websites such as forums and other database intensive applications. Since VPS can allocate CPU “time” it helps to guarantee that your website runs quickly.
4) People who can’t afford a dedicated server but REALLY REALLY want one.
5) Developers, great for testing applications. VPS allows you to isolate your software until you are absolutely certain it is ready for prime time.
6) Users that don’t want the hassle of dealing with operating system issues. Such as kernels, file systems, etc.
What it is NOT:
1) A VPS is NOT a dedicated server.
2) You cannot compile your own kernel.
3) Limited RAM. Although everyone has Guaranteed RAM, they may burst up to the full amount of ram on the server. But as more users are added, everyone scales down to whatever is available at the time.
4) You don’t have 100% of CPU time, same situation as #3.
We are very excited about this new VPS line and time will show that it is the next step in hosting technology.
We at Alico have 4 domain names which we started subscribing at eBoundHost since more than 4 years. In brief they are the best webhosting provider with a sexy Control Panel and perfect fast response support.
I'm Stan Bogdashin, a customer of your hosting company for the past 2 years. Our company provides web design, development and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services. Want to thank you for helping us by providing great hosting seamless support - this is why I continue to recommend you and don't use anyone else for hosting!
eBoundHost is the best. I have dealt with many hosting providers over the last 10 years. eBoundHost surpasses them all. Absolutely the highest level of quality service anywhere. Do yourself a big favor and sign on with eBoundHost.
Cost, technical support and promptness of return calls are of paramount importance to me since most of my work is done on the road and waiting for a reply is frustrating. eBoundHost has been a pleasure to work with friendly, courteous and professional.
I have been a customer since December of 2001, and the service has been nothing less than excellent. I would recommend eBoundHost highly.
SUPER SUPPORT - even during "off hours" - Sundays & holidays. Responses have always been within minutes of the initial call or email. The BEST vendor I have ever used in my 10 plus years as a webhosting services consumer.
Every time I have contacted my host provider. They have responded with speed, courtesy and accuracy they are professional and a joy to work with.
Great customer service. After looking around for a while we signed up with eBoundHost. And I can assure you that we made right decision. Customer service is so good that I don't have words to explain. I would recommend this service to everyone.
I came to eBoundHost after a very bad experience with a so called "big boy" - you know one of those places you are only a number. I have been a satisfied customer for more than 4 years now. The support is second to none.
Fast, reliable, full of features... Over the years, I have used more than a dozen hosts, both the big ones and smaller ones; eBoundHost.com is by far my favorite.
I have worked with many hosting companies over the course of my years in the website building and design business. I can say with certainty that eBoundHost.com is among the elite companies. I would and have recommended them to anyone.
EXCELLENT across the board, super quick reply to questions (about 15-30min). Outstanding! Loads of features, excellent price! Loads of space and bandwidth!
From using your hosting services for dozens of web clients and appreciating your wonderful customer service (all the while enjoying spending my meaty affiliate checks), I look forward to growing with you and watching you evolve surely and steadily into a powerhouse of a force to be reckoned with for your competitors. In an overcrowded abyss of hosting providers it is an absolute MUST to stand out above the crowd if you want to claim your stake and play with the big boys. Period. All I can say is this...Look Out World - GAME ON!!!
Reliability and customer service that is rare and refreshing. We have been using eBoundHost for several years and unlike many companies who's service wanes over the years, the staff at eBound has consistently delivered top notch performance. Bravo!
1) Their technical support people are always available to help with questions. 2)Server and network speed excellent. 3)Everything works great. 4)I highly recommend them!!!Thank you.